1. What Is Collected 1.1. We collect personal information necessary to provide our services when you request or apply to us for accident management services or deal with us over the telephone or e-mail us.
This information can include:
a. Personal information such as your name, address, email address, telephone number and date of birth
b. Government identifiers and related information, such as your driver’s licence, passport. Depending on the circumstances of your claim/case or hire;
c. Details about other parties involved in your accident or claim.
d. Details about your family, business, financial details, occupation and income, account activities and transactions with us or third parties;.
e. We may monitor and record telephone calls for training and security purposes. 1.2. Any other information lawfully obtainable under the relevant Privacy Law.
3. How Information Is Used 3.1. We may use the personal information collected from you to provide you with our services and information, updates related to our services and information about our business and the industry in general 3.2. We use the personal information provided for purposes consistent with the reason you provided it, or for a directly related purpose, where required or permitted by law or where you have provided us with your express or implied consent. These purposes include, but are not limited to:
a. provision of commercial and consumer vehicle leasing arrangements, including accident replacement vehicle services;
b. processing a product application or service or purchase request;
c. managing our products and services or other relationships and arrangements;
d. processing receipts, invoices and payments and servicing customer accounts, including determining liability for payment;
e. responding to customer enquiries about applications, accounts, products or services;
f. understanding customer needs and offering products and services to meet those needs;
g. assessing, processing and investigating insurance risks or claims;
h. accounting, billing and other internal administrative purposes;
i. From time to time we may use your personal information to provide you with information on our services by direct mail email/SMS or telephone. You may request that your information is not to be used for these purposes
j. considering, and contacting you about, any application you make for a job with us;
k. enforcing our rights, including undertaking debt collection activities and legal proceedings;
l. any other legal and regulatory requirements. Various laws may expressly require us to collect your personal information, or we may need to do so in order to be able to comply with other obligations under those laws
5. Security of your personal information 5.1. Compass Corp is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorized access, modification and disclosure. 5.2. Information is retained for the period required for business purposes or by law. Files electronic or hard format are usually stored for 7 years to meet legal requirements. We will destroy or re-identify personal information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless we are otherwise required by to law to retain the information. 5.3. We will seek to secure the breach, notify you if your information is compromised, take steps to prevent any further breaches and report serious breaches to the appropriate authorities.
6. Access and Correction of Your Information 6.1. You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, Please email us at: Privacy.Officer@CompassCorp.Com.Au. At Compass Corp we pride ourselves in ensuring that the information we hold about you is correct and up to date at all times. 6.2. We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act. In this context a refusal of access would cover situations where it is subject to legal entitlement, the information relates to commercially-sensitive decision-making processes or prejudicial to the services that you have requested that we provide.
9. Are you an EU Citizen? 9.1. Even though Compass Corp is not within the jurisdiction of the new EU privacy regulations “GDPR”, we do value your privacy and are more than happy to comply with any requests regarding your rights as stated in the GDPR. These requests can be submitted to: Privacy.Officer@CompassCorp.Com.Au 9.2. The GDPR requires any business that offers their services or products to individuals in the EU or track individuals in the EU on the internet, need to comply with the GDPR regulations. We “Compass Corp” only offer our products to people in Australia. Even though you might be an EU citizen, we do not operate in the EU. 9.3. From time to time Compass Corp uses employees that reside in the UK, these employees log in to our servers in Australia. No Data transfer takes place and no services are offered to UK individuals. 9.4. Compass Corp Agrees with the regulations put out in the GDPR and Value privacy and your rights as stated in the GDPR. As an APP entity (a business that complies with the Australian Privacy principles) most of the regulations set out in the GDPR are in place at Compass Corp. 9.5. We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to ensure that any data held by us about an individual is safe, and will not be used outside the purpose that you provided it for.
10. Complaints about privacy 10.1. We take Complaints very seriously. Every complaint is investigated, replied to promptly and in a confidential manner. If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaint to:
email@example.com Or Post a letter to:
Attn: Privacy Officer
4 Dickson Avenue,
Artarmon NSW 2064 10.2. You can also contact the information Commissioner or visit the Commissioner’s web site here if you would like further information about privacy.